The Minnesota State University Mankato is pleased to announce the International Maverick Scholarships for outstanding and intelligent students for the academic year 2022–2023, This scholarship is open to international students who plan to enroll at Minnesota State University Mankato for any undergraduate degree program starting in the spring or summer of 2022.
International students’ cultural contributions to our campus and local communities are valued at Minnesota State Mankato. The International Maverick Scholarship is automatically given to all freshmen undergraduates. To continue receiving the scholarship after your first academic year, you must fulfill the following requirements.
- Maintain legal F-1 or J-1 immigration status.
- Attain a term GPA of 2.5 or a cumulative GPA at Minnesota State Mankato of 3.0.
- Successfully earn/complete a minimum of 12 credits per semester (completed credits are grades A-D and P. F, W, I, IP, and NC do not count).
About Minnesota State University
The medium-sized town of Mankato, Minnesota, with a population between 10,000 and 49,999 people, is where Minnesota State University, Mankato is located. It is a non-profit public higher education institution that was founded in 1868. Additionally, this university has off-campus locations in one or more of the following places: Edina.
The Higher Learning Commission has granted Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU Mankato) official accreditation and/or recognition. This institution has a big (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational campus. Pre-bachelor degrees (such as certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctoral degrees are all offered by Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU Mankato) and are all officially recognized higher education degrees.
This 151-year-old higher education school offers a strict admissions criteria based on applicants’ prior academic performance and grades as well as entrance exams. This US higher education organization is a somewhat selective institution with an acceptance rate range of 60–70%. The application process is open to applicants from abroad.
The institution is divided into eight colleges that focus on particular disciplines. They are separated into academic programs, institutions of learning, and distance learning. These departments include:
- The College of Allied Health and Nursing;
- The College of Arts and Humanities;
- The College of Business;
- The Colleges of Education, Science, Engineering, and Technology;
- The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences;
- The College of Graduate Studies and Research;
- and the College of Extended Learning.
There are several research centers and state-created organizations in addition to the academic ones, including
- The Glen Taylor Nursing Institute,
- The Center on Aging,
- The Minnesota Center for Transportation Research and Implementation,
- The Center for Excellence in Scholarship and Research,
- The Minnesota Center for Modeling and Simulation,
- The Kessel Institute for Peace and Change,
- The Minnesota State Engineering Center of Excellence,
- and the Minnesota Center for Rural
Why Study AT Minnesota State University?
A caring staff and a feeling of belonging are the primary reasons why international students favor Minnesota State University Mankato. The university is well known for its undergraduate research, which has earned it a spot among the top 20 US universities for 2019 by the Council on Undergraduate Research. It has been included in a list of some of the most well-known websites and academic ranking services, such as US News and QS/Top Universities.
The on-campus student housing is recommended for first-year and second-year students. Students have the option to take part in the program’s learning communities. This program offers incoming first-year students a structured setting in which to enroll in a residence hall that supports their academic success by grouping them with peers who share their major, offering study sessions tailored to their major that are led by senior students, and providing them with direct access to faculty and staff.
- University or Organization: Minnesota state university Mankato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $3,890
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Minnesota State University
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not specified
High-flying undergraduate students can get help from the International Maverick Scholarship. Based on a student taking 12–18 credit hours per semester, the coverage will cost $3,890. To keep your scholarship after your first academic year, you must fulfill the requirements listed below.
Eligible Countries: Candidates from all over the world may apply.
Eligible Courses or Disciplines: This scholarship is available for any undergraduate degree-related courses and subjects.
The applicants must fulfill each of the requirements listed below in order to be eligible:
- The applicants must achieve a term GPA of 2.5 or a cumulative Minnesota State Mankato GPA of 3.0.
- The applicants must have a valid F-1 or J-1 immigration status.
- Each academic year, applicants must do six acts of community service.
- Each semester, candidates must acquire a minimum of 12 credits.
Application procedures for international maverick scholarships
The International Maverick Scholarship is given to applicants who are enrolled in an undergraduate program at Minnesota State University Mankato.
Email email@example.com if you have inquiries regarding the International Maverick Scholarship.
The following papers must be submitted by the applicants:
Financial proof (bank statement, loan approval letter, scholarship/financial guarantee), copies of diplomas and certificates, and passport ID pages
A minimum SAT Critical Reading sub-score of 400 or higher, SAT Reading sub-score of 22 or higher, or ACT English score of 18 or higher is required for admission to the university.
The candidates must obtain passing marks on the following examinations of their English language proficiency:
- IELTS 5.5
- TOEFL IBT 61
- TOEFL PBT 500
All accepted undergraduate students will receive the International Maverick Scholarship from the institution, which requires them to contribute $3,890 each semester.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries concerning the International Maverick Scholarship.
NOTE: If you’re looking for more scholarships to help you pay for college, check out the Minnesota State Mankato Scholarships database. Make sure you study the requirements for each scholarship to make sure you meet them.