Are you looking for a high paying job in Australia?
Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the top 9 highest-paying jobs in Australia, so you can start looking for a job that pays more and allows you to live comfortably.
Whether you’re interested in a career in medicine, engineering, or business, there are plenty of high paying jobs in Australia to choose from.
Read on to learn more about Australia’s top 9 highest-paying jobs!
Mining Engineer(Average salary and requirements)
Mining Engineers are highly sought after in Australia. On average, they can expect to make between $90,000 and $150,000 per year.
- To become a Mining Engineer, you must have a tertiary qualification in engineering or a related field.
- You must also have experiences in mining operations, such as exploration, surveying, and the planning and design of underground mines.
- A thorough understanding of occupational health and safety regulations is a must.
- To increase your employability, consider becoming accredited as a Certified Mine Manager or applying for a Graduate Mine Safety Certificate.
These qualifications demonstrate your commitment to the industry and will make you stand out from the competition.
Petroleum Engineer(Average salary and requirements)
Petroleum Engineers are highly sought after in Australia, as they can work in the oil and gas industry. The average salary of a Petroleum Engineer in Australia is approximately AU$ 100,000 per year.
- To become a Petroleum Engineer, you will need to have a degree in engineering with a major in petroleum engineering.
- This is very technical, and the engineer must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Additionally, experience in the oil and gas industry is beneficial and may be necessary for certain positions.
Corporate Lawyer(Average salary and requirements)
Corporate lawyers are in high demand in Australia due to their expertise and experience with corporate laws, regulations, and procedures. The average salary for a corporate lawyer in Australia is estimated to be between $80,000 and $140,000 per year, depending on the individual’s experience and qualifications.
- To become a corporate lawyer in Australia, one must hold a bachelor’s degree in law or an equivalent legal qualification from an Australian university and pass the Australian bar exam.
- Corporate lawyers must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, a good understanding of business principles, and an ability to think strategically.
Investment Banker(Average salary and requirements)
Investment Bankers play a significant role in the world of finance, providing companies with advice on complex financial transactions, as well as providing financing for businesses. On average, Investment Bankers in Australia earn between $120,000 and $200,000 a year, depending on experience and qualifications.
- To qualify as an Investment Banker, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics and significant experience in the financial sector.
- It would help if you also had excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Being well-versed in financial markets and investment banking strategies is also essential.
Air Traffic Controller(Average salary and requirements)
Air traffic controllers are responsible for managing aircraft’s safe and efficient movement in the airspace. They must make quick decisions based on their knowledge of aircraft performance, weather conditions, geography, and other factors. The average annual salary for an air traffic controller in Australia is $134,022.
- To become an air traffic controller in Australia, you must hold a valid Australian air traffic controller’s license issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
- This requires applicants to pass a medical examination and undergo a criminal history check.
- Applicants must also complete the Australian Air Traffic Control Training School (ACTS) course, which covers basic aeronautical theory, safety regulations, and communication procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, applicants are eligible to take the CASA ATC License Examination.
- Once this has been passed, they can apply for an air traffic controller job.
In addition to having a license, air traffic controllers must maintain proficiency in their job duties and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
As the job involves dealing with potentially hazardous situations, air traffic controllers must be able to stay calm and think clearly under pressure. They must also be familiar with modern technology and computer systems used in air traffic control.
Becoming an air traffic controller requires hard work, dedication, and a commitment to safety.
With the right qualifications and training, however, it can be a gratifying career with excellent job prospects and a good salary.
Medical Specialist(Average salary and requirements)
Medical Specialists are highly skilled medical professionals who provide advanced treatment for specific conditions and diseases. On average, Medical Specialists in Australia earn an annual salary of $151,568.
- To qualify as a Medical Specialist, you must complete a five-year medical degree, followed by at least one year of practical training, including internships and residency programs.
- Once qualified, specialists may need to undertake additional training or qualifications for their area of expertise.
- Specialists must also meet continuing professional development requirements to keep their skills up to date.
Psychiatrist(Average salary and requirements)
Being a psychiatrist is a gratifying and demanding profession. As a psychiatrist, you would be responsible for diagnosing, managing, and treating mental illnesses in patients. In Australia, the average salary of a psychiatrist is AU$ 137,871 per year, according to PayScale.
- To become a psychiatrist in Australia, you must complete a medical degree and specialize in psychiatry.
- You may also need to complete additional postgraduate training and exams and gain experience in the field.
- Depending on where you work, you may be required to be registered with the Medical Board of Australia and abide by their standards.
General Practitioner(Average salary and requirements)
General practitioners, or GPs, are medical doctors who provide preventative and primary healthcare services to patients. They examine, diagnose, and treat various health conditions, such as colds and flu, infections, and injuries. GPs are also involved in preventive care, like immunizations and screenings, and provide emotional support to patients. The average salary for a GP in Australia is approximately $160,000 annually.
- To become a GP in Australia, one must have a medical degree and complete additional training in general practice.
- This usually involves completing postgraduate qualifications in general practice or family medicine or undertaking specialist training.
Orthodontist(Average salary and requirements)
Orthodontists are dentists who specialize in correcting misaligned teeth and jaws. With an average salary of $256,000 per year, becoming an orthodontist is one of the most lucrative jobs in Australia. A successful orthodontist must have excellent knowledge of dental and orthodontic principles, possess exceptional clinical skills, and be adept at building relationships with their patients.
- To become an orthodontist, a person must complete a dental degree followed by specialist training in Orthodontics, which usually takes a minimum of three years.
- They must also pass the Australian Dental Council examinations.